Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I've got the creepy crud!

Mostly a photo post today because I'm sick and my brain isn't working well. Paul brought the creepy crud back from Texas a few weeks ago and until last weekend I managed to evade it. Now I have it full force and the doctor has me on four meds to try to kick it's butt. Hopefully I'll feel better in a couple days and can get back to knitting.

Last Saturday I finally took the Mermaid jacket to my Mom. It fits her really well and she says she got a lot of oohs and ahhs when she wore it to church on Sunday and work on Monday.









Put the finishing touches on the Everlasting Bagstopper this week. That brought my WIP count down to 12. I also finished up the Clementine Shawlette, which brought me down to 11. I don't have photos of the Clementine yet, but will get some this week before shipping it off to my MIL. I'm hoping my SIL will get a photo of MIL wearing it too.



Progress continues on the Mary Tudor Cardigan. This photo was taken over the weekend so I'm a bit further along now. I've started the second repeat and am just about to the purple band.



Since I finished 2 WIPs, I rewarded myself by buying some yarn to make the December Lights Tam in IKs Holiday Knits. I cast on this past weekend and finished up the ribbing section and had started on the body section when I decided I wasn't sure I was getting enough contrast with the colors I chose. I went down to the craft room and dug around in the stash and came up with some bright Christmasy colors and cast on again. I'm just about to the same point as I was when I gave up on the first. Of course, as always seems to be the case with me, after taking a photo of the original I'm kinda liking the more subtle coloring. I think I may put it back on the needles and knit both versions. Since this would count as casting on 2 projects, my WIP count is now back to 13. Uggggggggggggggg!!!!!






I've done some work on the Fyne vest too this week. It is a very quick knit, so I think my count may be back down to 12 soon.



Also being worked on, but are not pictured, are the Double Eyelet Rib socks (on track to be finished this weekend ... WIP count 11), Stansfield 27 socks (should be finished next weekend ... WIP count 10), and Leg Cozies (hopefully casting off next weekend ... WIP count 9).

3 comments:

  1. Goodness - you are not kidding around. Lots of WIPs and projects for you at all times. I really like the subtle coloring too, btw. Good choice to make both. Feel better soon.

    Knitters-Delight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you are well soon. I finished my toe up sock up to the heel and started the 2nd one. I will be waiting for lesson 2 when you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you don't feel good.
    What a waste of a weekend being sick!
    I'm with Gerry. I've one toe-up sock finished to the heel and am working on the second one.
    Hope you feel better soon and maybe we can meet someplace like Worth. Mall in the next couple of weeks?
    cm

    ReplyDelete