Friday, November 14, 2008

SP13 - 24 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love natural fibers. Right now I am especially liking silk and linen blends. About the only thing I don't care for is 100% acrylic that squeaks on my needles.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Does storing them in WIPs count :o) I have a couple of sets that came in cases. Circulars I store in one of these holders that hang on the wall. My crochet hooks are mostly stored in a felted holder I made, and all the rest pretty much get thrown into whichever knitting bag I'm not currently using.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been both knitting and crocheting for over 20 years. I'd consider my skill level advanced, although there are always new techniques and tricks to learn.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? You can find my Amazon wish list here.

5. What's your favorite scent? I love lavendar, lilac, and light citrusy scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but chocolate covered pretzels are my downfall.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love sewing my own clothes, and beading/jewelry making. I have a spindle, and would love to spin, but I just don't seem to have the patience for it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Both my computer and my phone can play MP3s. I am a soft jazz junky (Nils, Rick Braun, Sade)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love most colors, but purples are my favorites. I'm not overly fond of orange unless it's a really warm autumnal shade.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, and three of four adult children still live at home. The family pet is a border collie/lab mix named Doppler.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves, hats, and mittens/gloves. Rarely wear ponchos, but mostly because I haven't taken the time to make the ones I was really drawn to.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I knit a bit of everything except baby items (no babies to knit for). I seem to knit more sweaters and mittens/gloves than anything else though.

13. What are you knitting right now? Currently on the needles are 4 pair of socks, 2 bags, a felted turtle, a tank top, 2 cardigans, 2 pullovers, and a shawl. I am also crocheting a bellydance halter, a cami, an afghan, a shawl, and a vest.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I LOVE handmade gifts.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Both straights and circulars have their uses, but I seem to use my circs most often. I have a set of Denise needles that I use quite often, and a set of KP Harmony needles that I adore. I don't much care for aluminum knitting needles, but I do use aluminum crochet hooks. I've just started using bamboo crochet hooks and I love them.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I hate to admit that one of the cardigans currently on the needles is approaching it's second year.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Same answer to both ... Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn and pattern books? LOL I collect lighthouse figurines and novelty tape measures.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, and Rowan. I'm considering a subscription to Verena. I keep meaning to buy Knit Couture: 20 Hand-Knit Designs from Runway to Reality, but never seem to get around to it. I'm ashamed to admit that I've never knit with Malabrigo, but I'd love to give it a whirl on the needles.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I've never done double knitting, and would like to one day.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I knit a lot of socks. My foot is 8 1/2" long and 7" circumfrence

23. When is your birthday? March 21

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? On Ravelry I am HerHeart.

1 comment:

  1. Hello SP I am looking forward to getting to know you
    your new pal

    ReplyDelete