I was in the mood to do some sewing this weekend, so pulled out a pattern and fabric I purchased in the fall and finally made the dress and jacket it was meant to be. Super simple pattern for both pieces. I'm thinking that I will make several of the dresses to go with the jacket, and may make another jacket in another color to coordinate with them too. I need to do a bit of work on the jacket. I need some bigger snaps where it attaches at the neckline. The ones I had just weren't strong enough for the weight of the jacket, even though the jacket is fairly lightweight.
I love the wide sleeves on the jacket. Very comfortable to wear. Got some nice comments on the outfit today at work.
The above would be my "win" ..... and below we have my "loss".
I had to completely frog the Yesterday Once More top yesterday. When I went to work on the right front, I realized that my starting chain wasn't for the size I needed :o( At least I haven't lost interest in the project. After seeing it almost complete, I want it even more than I did when I first saw the pattern. It worked up fairly quickly, so I'm hoping that I can have it back to the state it was in before its visit to the frog pond within a week or two.
I thought I was tired of garter stripes, but turns out they are great for movie knitting! I have just cast off for the first armhole on Mermaid 3. I adore this color combination and will get a lot of wear out of this fun colored jacket.
More sewing on the agenda for this week, along with some progress (finally) on the bellydance halter which is supposed to be my main project right now lol.