Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In which I say Yay!! for Me

Two down, five to go. So far, I'm not finding my January goals too aggressive. I'm on track to finish another couple of the projects this weekend.

First up on the "started in 2006, finished in 2007" project list are the Arch Shaped Stockings. I really love these socks and hope that they don't stretch out and fall all willy nilly around my ankles. Once I find the right skirt and shoes to go with them, I'll have to get a modeled shot.



Pattern: Arch Shaped Stockings from Vogue Knitting Fall 2006 (check for errata as there are a couple of mistakes in the magazine)
Yarn: Gloss from KnitPicks
Started: Octoberish 2006
Finished: 1/10/2007

My very first 2007 FO is the Shocking! Jacket. It only took me 2 weeks to finish this up. I guess you can knit something the second time faster. All I can say is if something happens to this one, I will be Shocking!less for the rest of my life. I so did not enjoy reknitting the intarsia sleeve, and for some reason it took me forever to do the embroidery and beadwork on the sleeve this time around.







Pattern: Shocking! from Interweave Knits Winter 2004
Yarn: Wool of the Andes from KnitPicks
Started: 1/1/2007
Finished: 1/15/2007
Since I knew I would finish Shocking! up in the next day or so, and I needed a more portable project to work on, I went ahead and started the Bell Sleeve Jacket from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2006. I'm really enjoying the pattern and it's a much quicker knit than I first thought. I may just get it finished before the end of the month along with the other projects I'm working on.

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is "WOW" As usual, wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful thing I've seen. I love those flowers with beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! You're an amazing knitter. Where do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete