Monday, January 15, 2007

New Year, New Blog

I gave serious consideration to jumping on the "Knit from your Stash" bandwagon, but stopped myself when I realized that I would fail miserably and then feel awful about myself. I know myself too well to ever think I could quit buying yarn. Actually putting in print that I cannot do it will make me want to even more than I already do. I have no willpower and would wind up with a stash that I could never knit up.

Instead, I have decided to set goals for my knitting for each month and see how I do. I am allowing myself to start one new major project at the beginning of each month. If I get that finished, then I can start another one. Small projects such as socks, hats, mittens do not count as major projects and can be started at any time.

For January 2007 I plan to:

- do the finishing work on the U-Neck Fair Isle Sweater from Vogue Knitting Fall 2006 ... I finished the knitting and seaming of this sweater during my vacation between Christmas and New Year's. There are just so dang many ends that I've been avoiding the weaving in. See? At the moment it resembles a knitted feather duster!




- finally finish up the Arched Shaped Stockings from Vogue Knitting Fall 2006 ... the first of this pair has been done for quite some time. I put them away to knit the socks for Kris, then Trondheim took up all my knitting time.



-knit myself a Sheldon from Knitty ... this is a stash buster project. I am using the leftover silk yarn from the tie I made Paul last year. I don't have enough of it to do much else, but it will make a cute turtle!



-knit the second mitten for myself from Magnificent Mittens ... again a stash buster project. I am knitting these using the yarn I have left from the tam I made about a month back. It's really not leftover yarn if I'm honest. I just purchased way way way too much of it, and mittens to match the tam seemed like a good idea.



-knit my second Shocking! Jacket from Interweave Knits Winter 2004 ... yes second. The first met with a horrible death after I had only worn it once. Let's just say that no one in this house will touch my laundry again! This is the major project I started at the beginning of January. After finishing the sleeves, all I have left is the collar/button bands, seaming, and embroidery. I think this will be done next weekend!



-knit myself something fun from my newest book purchase. Fembot from Naughty Needles. Yes it's impractial and silly, but it's so darn cute and fun I can't resist!



-Bonus: If I do finish the Shocking! Jacket before February, I plan to start on the Bell Sleeve Jacket from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2006. I purchased the yarn for this during my vacation and would really like to have it done in time to wear this year.

Hopefully I haven't set myself unattainable goals. It seems like too many projects for one month, but most of them are just a day or so of finishing up, or they are quick knits.

Stay tuned, and wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment