Friday, May 11, 2007

Lots of Knitting, Lots of Stash Enhancement

I decided to do some knitting last night and save the blogging for tonight. Might have been a bad idea since I wound up stuck at work until almost 8pm! *sigh*

I did finish the washcloth Wednesday as I thought I would. Meeting my May goal of completing 2 of these should be a snap. It knit up really quickly in some yummy cotton yarn. I have 2 more balls of this cotton set aside for other washcoths.


Pattern: My own from one of those gazillion pattern stitch books
Yarn: Catania
Started: 5/9/2007
Finished: 5/9/2007

Since I finished Mermaid 1, I decided to devote some time to the Surplice Lace Top. The Lace pattern is knitting up pretty quickly, and I love the Nashua yarn! The color in this photo is a bit off I think. It's a much softer yellow and slightly variegated. Hopefully, once finished, I can get a better photo of the true color in natural sunlight. I don't think my goal of finishing this by month's end will be difficult to meet.



I've slowed down quite a bit on the sock front. Seems my attention keeps wandering. That's what I get for buying too much pretty sock yarn! I've finished just about 1/2 of each of the below pictured socks. The Tofutsies (pictured on the right) is a great yarn to knit with, but I'm bemoaning my choice of straight stockinette.

The BMFA Silkies (pictured on the left) is so scrumtious! I really want to buy more of it, but I think Paul might just scream if one more package shows up on our doorstep in the near future. Not sure what the poor thing is going to do when I get my backorder lol.



I finally pulled out the Leg Cozies for Jenn and worked on them a bit last night. This pattern is going much quicker than I gave it credit for. She just may have these by the end of the month!



To make up for 2 unfinished pair of socks, I cast on another baby sock last night. Hope to have the pair done tonight, then finish another pair tomorrow. That should keep me on track with the 52PP and give me time to finish up those unfinished pairs.



I blogged about the purple Mermaid I cast on earlier this week, so I decided to show you the colors in the 3rd kit I received. This one will be for me and I can't wait to knit it. The colors are so much fun, and much brighter than they photographed. Wonder if I can have all 3 Mermaids knit before the end of the year .... hmmmmm.



There has been much stash enhancement going on in my knitting life lately. When I went to JoAnn's to get some ribbon for the Elegant Ribbed Socks, I saw they had some yarn on sale and poked about until I found something I wanted. I picked up enough Bernat Cool Crochet to make the Josephine Top from the latest IK. I love the soft pinks and browns. They will go well with some silk pants I got for this summer. I also picked up several skeins in a deep chocolate that I believe is destined to become a crocheted lace jacket.



On one of my many recent trips to KM, I picked up this yummy yarn on the 40% off sale shelf. It will become the Talored Scallops Jacket pictured on the cover of Lace Style. This will be a perfect jacket to keep in my office since it's so dang cold in there all year.



On yet another of those KM visits, I picked up some goodies for socks.



Tonight when I got home, my Webs order had arrived. I finally bought one of those grab bags, just to see what I would be surprised with. I can honestly say that I am not disappointed and will purchase more of these in the future. I was a bit afraid that I would wind up with a ton of novelty yarn that I would never get knit up into anything, but look at what I wound up with. Two of those are Cascade, and three are Filatura di Crossa. I am in love with the navy colroed ribbon yarn. Can't wait to find out what they all want to become.



Yesterday, the postman brought my Elann order (also photographed here is the Regia Bamboo that just wouldn't fit in the above photo). The brown is Elsebeth Lavold Angora and will become a yummy sweater. The gold is Luna and will become a lace skirt.



Just because I couldn't pass it up, I snapped up several skeins of Kornucopia. It is going to be so much fun to tell people I am wearing a lime green sweater made from corn lol.



I know there have been more recent purchases, but they must be buried under the newest of the haul. Eventually they will be pictured .... as projects in progress if not before.

1 comment:

  1. hi there. i came across your blog while looking for FO's of the Leg Cozies from Lace Style. they're up next for me and i'm trying to find an alternate yarn - what are you using for yours? thanks.

    ReplyDelete