Monday, March 17, 2008

Go ahead and laugh

Look what I cast on!



No, it's not the second Braided Cable Fingerless Glove. It's the third!!

Why a third?

Well, I was getting ready to do the thumbs when I noticed what I had done.



Yep, once again I've made two damn left mittens!! Aaaarrrrrrrggggggg!!!

Oh well. Since I'm doing the mitten/glove a month knitalong over at Ravelry I was planning on giving all the ladies at work a pair, and one of them said she really liked mine, so it's not like I have to rip out all that work. LOL, sometimes I amaze even myself with my own stupidity.

Now, that's two projects so far this year that have thrown me into a tizzy wanting to buy new yarn to console myself. I'm so proud of the willpower I am showing by not giving in.

Instead of casting on a big project like I did last time, I decided to whip up a couple pair of baby socks to help ease that urge. One of the gents I work with is about to welcome his fourth child into the family, and the wee one needs some tootsie coverings.

I finished up this pair Friday night.



And this pair should be done tomorrow evening.



While I was downstairs rummaging in the sock yarn, I decided to cast on a pair for myself. Finally decided what to do with that Seasilk I bought last fall. Next time, I will get a photo against a background with a bit of contrast. The yarn fades a bit into my bedspread lol.

2 comments:

  1. I should'nt laugh, but you can always have that extra left glove in case you lose one. Hey, Delana, I need some advice on preventing the "ladder" effect when knitting in the round. Your work always looks great. Any advice? sugamali@yahoo.com

    Kellistarr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's pretty funny. At least you were going to make another pair anyway.

    Those baby socks are so cute. And you're so fast - I bet you could knit those in your sleep, huh?

    ReplyDelete