Sunday, October 19, 2008

More progress than I'm allowed to show

I've finished quite a few projects this week. Some of which I can't show yet because they are for swaps and you never know who could be lurking about. I do have photos of them, so I know they've arrived at their destination, I can let you peek.

This morning I put the finishing touches on the Tommy Nobis Amigurumi. I think he's cute as can be, but I'm not quite satisfied with the felt embellishments. I downsized this project to about 6" (about 1/2 the size of the pattern), so the felt pieces were teeny tiny. Sewing them on caused some to shrink up and some to stretch out. You can clearly see what I mean with the numbers on the jersey. They both started out the exact same size. Hmmmmm I might redo those as it is kind of bothering me.

I love the little cleats! They are the posts of doll eyes pushed through the shoes from the inside. Too adorable.

The little falcon on the side of the helmet turned out better than I thought it would. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

I even added his name to the back of the jersey. The only thing he doesn't have is the football. Oops, forgot to buy brown yarn. Next trip to the LYS though.

Friday night I finished up the Nutkins! Yea a whole week early, which means I get to relax this week and work on the projects I want to instead of the projects I need to.

While I had the felt out this morning, I finally decided to give the poor dragon some eyes. I didn't like the white felt, it just seemed too stark. So he has pink eyes. Makes him look a bit formidable doesn't it?

Tonight I finally finished up the intarsia piece of the Ravenna Satchel. I'll start the felting either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm really excited about having the knitting portion done on this project. The needle felting and embellishing is going to be so much fun.

I pulled out the Dragon Scale Gauntlets this weekend too. They work up pretty quickly when I put my mind to it. I might make these my next goal to finish up.

Friday night I finally faced reality and frogged the Sweetie Pie Cami. Not sure why I waited so long. Maybe I had this dream that if I thought about it long and hard enough, the brown yarn would grow another 200 yards or something. Since it didn't happen, I decided to redesign my redesign. Now it will be a colorblock cami. I will keep the empire waist and go up a hook size below that so it's not so body skimming where I don't want it to be. Below the empire waist I will change the colors. There will be plenty of yarn to complete the project now.

No comments:

Post a Comment