Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Losing All Will To Live

I checked out the projects page for the blanket I am making Chelsea (my hair stylist) and found a woman who posted in her notes that if she had actually knitted the borders on all the blocks she would lose all will to live. She chose to do a crocheted border around her blocks and it really looked cute. I wish I had read those notes before I started my blanket. It is such a chore now to work on those borders. I should finish the last one tonight thank goodness!

I've started the seaming since I was about to pull my hair out working on those last few border rows. Hoping to have all the strips made by tomorrow night and the strips sewn together by Thursday night. That will give me all weekend to put the final border on the blanket and hopefully put a big dent in the weaving in of ends. I am cutting it close to the deadline on this one. Chelsea is due in February.



I did a bit of work on the Apres Surf Hoodie during my blankie breaks. Can't wait to get to work on this one full time. The yarn is a dream to work with and is so soft and drapey. It is going to make a great sweater.



Also, started a new project this past weekend. This is a scarf for Paul made with Buckingham (Alpaca/Silk blend) and Ecco Cashmere. So soft and dreamy! There is a cashmere scarf for me on the horizon too!



I've signed up for Ravelympics and joined a WIP team (go figure!). Hoping to finish up the Ravenna Satchel and Mary Tudor Cardigan during the games. It will be nice to have a couple of the long standing WIPs finished up and no longer staring so accusingly at me from their knitting bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment