Have you ever started a project when you didn't have just the right materials? What you use isn't really bad, and it will do, but it wasn't what you had in mind when you pictured the project in your mind's eye? That's what I did with the Nook cover cover. The type of fabric I wanted to use was available in 14 count, but that would make the cover too big. When I was shopping for the supplies, I could only find 18 count fabric in an antique ivory solid color. What I really wanted was fiddler's cloth. But, I wanted to start the project so badly, I settled for something I could find at the time. Well, yesterday I had to go shopping for supplies for a different project at a different store and lo and behold they had what I was looking for. So, last night I was again faced with a blank canvas and I restarted the Nook cover cover. Looks sad compared to the last photo doesn't it? Oh well, it is a fairly simple pattern and shouldn't take too long to get back to the point it was at before.
I mentioned buying materials for a new project, and in my last post I said I would make sure that the next project I started was #15 on my Ravelry project page. I haven't cheated. I finished up 2 small projects last night that were fairly far along in their completion.
First up is this cute little guy. I've had him in my queue forever it seems, and I ran across appropriate yarn to make him in when digging around in the yarn room last week. He was a really quick project and I love him! Now I need to spend some time up in my sewing room so he has a nice place to live.
I also finished up some Leafy washcloths last night. I had the multi and blue ones done earlier in the week, but needed to spend a bit of time finishing up the tan one.
These will be stacked like so in a soap dish in my bathroom to show off the handmade lovely smelling soaps I like.
I also mentioned that I had "given up" on some projects. One of those was the sock yarn blankie I had started about a year ago. I haven't taken it apart yet, but it's in a closet out of the way. One of these days, I might decide that I like that project again and really want the finished product. In the meantime, I have succumbed to the siren's call of the Beekeepers Quilt. This blankie is much more portable than the other and is the perfect project to take when I meet up with Amanda for our knitting dates.
Another project I've recently started (albeit not a knit/crochet, or embroidery project) is an herb garden. Lookie at the lovely sprouts I have! This first attempt has Rosemary, Sage, and Garlic Chives. I've always wanted a window herb garden, so hopefully these grow and I'm able to use them.
This afternoon, I worked on another project idea found on Pinterest. This is a painted cookie sheet covered with pretty scrapbook papers. The whole thing is Mod Podged and, when dry, will get a ribbon hanger and will be a magnet board to hang on the wall in my sewing room.
The pretty heart and magnets were received from an anonymous mail fairy in the Valentine swap in the Handmade Pincushion Group on Ravelry.