Friday, March 9, 2012

Losing Track

I am not doing such a good job of keeping track of projects started and finished.  Well, I know what I've finished and what I've started, but I don't think I'm sticking to that "finish 2 before starting 1" resolution I made.  Whenever this kind of thing happens, I get frustrated with all the things I have started already, decide I'm completely bored with them, and start a whole slew of new things.  This time isn't any different than all those other times.  I think I've started 4 new projects this week alone!  They are fairly simple and small projects, which is a blessing, but they are projects nonetheless. *sigh*

I did finish one of them, so that's good huh?  I've had this little guy in my Ravelry queue for some time and I decided it was time I crocheted him.  I love the hair!  He sits on my desk at work between the red high heel shoe tape dispenser and the shipping crate post-it note thingy.


I finished up my biscornu pincushion last weekend.  I love this and am planning to make a lot more.  Tiny ones to use as scissor fobs, small ones as ornaments for the Christmas tree, medium sized ones for pincushions, and large ones as pillows!  I had never heard of these before, and you can't tell on my photos of this one because of the lacy edging, but the construction is really nifty.  They are not little square pillows.  They have 8 sides, created by sewing them together with the corner of the bottom square lined up with the middle of a straight edge of the top square.  This may sound confusing, but trust me it's cool.  Look it up on Google.


When I had to cut the top out and had those scissors so close to the stitching, I felt like I did when I cut my first steeks.  Scary!


Another new project, started this evening in fact, is another prayer shawl.  This one is crocheted, and I'm using up some Noro Kureyon sock yarn that was repurposed from a project I decided to let go of.  Because, let's face it folks.  At some point, you get to an age that you decide striped sock yarn is not going to look good on your butt no matter what skirt pattern you decide to knit lol.  Since I got rid of a project to start this one, does it count as a new project?  Hmmmmmmmm.


I really enjoyed the cross-stitch and embroidery I've been doing lately, so decided to start a new project once the biscornu was complete.  Hopefully I can keep this under control and not start a gazillion embroidered projects like I do knit/crochet.

This is going to be a cover to cover my ugly Nook cover.  Haven't decided exactly how I'm going to manage to make this cover my existing cover and still get the Nook in there, but I have plenty of time to get it all figured out.


Ok, I've just checked the Ravelry projects page, and I currently have 16 projects in progress.  Rather than try to remember what I've finished and whether I'm allowed to start something new, I'll just make sure that the next thing I start does not make my count go above 15.  Let's see if that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment