Sunday, April 15, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

It's been awhile since I last posted, and I've been super busy crafting.  I have so many photos piled up, it's going to take a couple posts to show them all off.  No worries though.  That will force me to post again this week, and maybe posting on a regular basis will become more of a habit.

I already posted some photos of my leaf washcloths blocking, but I now have them living in my bathroom on their own little dish.  They hold the wonderful lemongrass soap I bought.  I love the smell of this soap, and the rough cut bars look right at home on these washcloths.


These handmade bars were purchased at The Oil Bar.  If you have one of these stores near you, you should definitely try them out.


I also recently finished the Wingspan shawl I was working on.  I love the way the two Noro sock yarns worked up together.  The striping is so much fun.  I've worn it to work already and got quite a few complimentary comments on it.  It's just the right size to help keep out the spring chill, without being so big it's too warm.





 I've been doing more sewing recently.  It's so nice to have a room where my sewing machine can be set up all the time instead of having to drag everything out when I want to sew something.  Found this little goodie at Sew She Sews.  It's much bigger than I thought it was going to be, but it is working out great with all the embroidery projects I seem to be working on lately.



I just fill it up, tuck it into a tote bag, and away I go.  Sure makes taking embroidery along with you a bit less painful.


Amanda and I started another project yesterday.  I haven't done any plastic canvas for years, but this little box was a lot of fun to make, and it worked up really quickly.  Not sure plastic canvas will make it to the top of my "like to work on" craft list, but this wasn't too bad.





This afternoon, after yoga class, I put the final touches on a little sewing kit I started awhile back.


These are the perfect size to put into a notion bag and slip into my tote to take when I am crafting away from home.  I adore the vintage feel of them.


More project photos to come later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment