Friday, July 27, 2007

Is it cheating?

So, Paul got home late last night and promptly fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. He must have been dreaming about work (again) because he was doing an awful lot of tossing, turning, groaning, and teeth grinding. Basically he was so wound up in his sleep he was keeping me awake. About 1am I gave up trying to get to sleep, pulled out some dpns and that Regia Bamboo yarn and knit up the toe for a sock for him. This morning he gave me the thumbs up on the colors, so I don't have to frog it and knit it small enough for me.



When I put the sock back into one of the knitting bags beside the bed, I started to feel a bit guilty about how many projects I have stuffed in there right now. I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to cast on anything else new (even though I'm dying to try out some of those other new sock yarns) until I had finished at least one of the sweaters and one pair of socks that were already started.

Then, tonight when I got home from work, another yarn order was in. Ugggggggg!!!!! Everyone knows how hard a time I have NOT casting on new yarn. And this is some really yummy soft stuff to make something really nice. I didn't even place the order, Paul did. His mother mentioned that she wanted a stole, so he did some internet yarn shopping with me last weekend and decided on Knit Picks Ambrosia (Alpaca/Cashmere) in Mulled Wine. I showed him the Clementine Shawlette in the Spring 07 Interweave Knits and he decided that's the stole he wanted me to make her.

Is it cheating that I cast on for it tonight since it's a gift for someone and not something for myself?? There I go trying to rationalize something again. Oh well, I'm hopeless! At least I only knit on it enough to decide I love the yarn.



Then it was back to finishing off one of the many projects already started. I finished the left front for Tailored Scallops. Each of these pieces is knitting up so fast, I should be able to finish the sweater this week. And, if I'd quit with the casting on new socks, I might actually finish one of the already started pairs this week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment