Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Nekkid outdoor kinda people

Back from the long weekend in the woods, and was that ever a great trip! Below is a photo of the cabin we stayed in. It was so peaceful. We didn't get a photo of the back deck, but it was complete with a hot tub, which we used daily. Sometimes more than once!




Paul left his mark on the Garden Board next to the front door. When we checked in on Friday, the owner, Doug, asked what we were planning to do while there. When Paul told him we were thinking about canoeing on Saturday, Doug told us about a moonlight canoe trip he had gotten an email about. We made our reservations for that when we went into town for groceries.



The canoe trip was a lot of fun. Looks pretty light in the photo taken at the start of the trip, but boy did it get dark by the time we finished.






Sunday was the day I was most looking forward to. We had Blue Valley Massage come out for 3 1/2 hours of spa treatments. The two gals who came out were a hoot. They thought it was 4 people since I had scheduled just about everything on the menu (except the mud wrap, Paul wasn't interested in that one). Since it was so nice outside, we decided to do everything on the back deck. As Paul put it, we were definitely some nekkid outdoor kinda people this weekend lol. We started out with a sea salt scrub massage, then it was off to the shower for a quick rinse. Next came a one hour massage, followed by a mint foot revitalizer. Last was the hot stone therapy. I have never been so relaxed in my life. Lisa grabbed our camera and took a picture of us before ducking back into the cabin so we could get dressed. How about that hair all fluffed up from oil and a scalp massage?



Before we had finished with the spa treatments, our chef arrived and the poor guy was sitting in his car in the drive waiting to be let in. Yep, you read right, our chef. I decided when I was checking out the Blue Valley Massage website that I wasn't going to ruin 3 hours of relaxation by having to cook, so I took advantage of the discount offered if you scheduled the Travelling Chef to come out to your cabin the same time you scheduled your massage. Jason was great! The appetizer and salad were fabulous, the steaks were cooked exactly the way I like, the sides were yummy, and the dessert was scrumptious. He even brewed coffee for us before heading off to his next appointment. All in all, a great day!!



Of course, all this time out in the woods didn't stop me from knitting. I finished the sleeves for Intoxicating while there, and I'm just about done with the seaming. Just have to do the left side, weave in the ends, and knit the neckline edging. I should have this finished up tomorrow, and can hopefully get a modeled photo.




I also made quite a bit of progress on the Bonsai Tunic. I'm hoping to have this done before going back to work next Wednesday.




The first thing I knit on after getting settled in was the Mystery Stole. I finished up clue 1 on Sunday. I'm really liking the pattern so far, and can't wait for Friday to get here so I can start on clue 2.



My beads are a bit difficult to see in the photos, but they show up nicely on the stole. I liked knitting on this so much I purchased the pattern for last year's mystery stole and cast on for that this afternoon. There isn't enough completed yet for a photo, but maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the perfect getaway trip. What a great idea. Nice work on your knitting as well.

    Knitters-Delight

    ReplyDelete