Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sock, socks, and did I mention socks?

A bit of progress made this week on the Hearts n Flowers socks. The double yarn over on size 0 needles make these a bit fiddly. Combine that with 4" needles that are so sharp they threaten to put holes in your palms as you knit, and you have a project that does not get a lot of attention at any one sitting. They shall be finished however, as I adore the yarn and pattern.



I finished up the second Mini Mochi sock on the way home from work tonight. Love them! The colors are so vibrant and the yarn soft and smooshy. I will wear them to work tomorrow to keep my feet toasty during the snow storm we are supposed to be getting.



Another fiddly project is the Bacchus socks. I have managed to turn the heel of the first sock and am now working my way up the leg. These are definitely not socks that I can work on while paying attention to anything else. Absolutely love them though, and can't wait til they are finished and I can wear them.



I had planned to work on the Girly Camo socks during car rids next, but have run into a little problem. I can't seem to find the second ball of yarn! I know it's around here somewhere, but until I can find it, I refuse to work on a sock that may very well be a singleton. What to do now? I really don't want to cast on something new, but everything cast on now seems to be less mindless than what I consider to be necessary for commute knitting.

The new 2010 block a month CAL pattern was released this week, and I worked it up immediately. I then decided that my resulting blanket was not going to be big enough with only 12 squares. I have chosen to make one of each 12" square and two of each 6" square from the patterns given each month to make a larger blanket.



Several weeks ago I cast on a sweater using some Cornucopia that has been in my stash for quite some time. I am liking the apple green color and hope it works well with the magenta contrast I've chosen for the accents. This project might become my commute knitting since it is the most midless of what I have cast on.



Only 8 more days til the Olympics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment