Sunday, February 19, 2012

St. Patty's Day Pincushion

Amanda and I decided to start another project.  No knitting or crocheting this time.  We are each making a pretty cross-stitch pincushion.  I finished the backstitch, cross-stitch, and Rhodes hearts last night while listening to an audio book.  I hope to have the Kloster blocks and buttonhole stitching done this week so I can do the sewing and stuffing next weekend.  This is a quick project that will add a nice pincushion to my ever growing collection.


I have not finished the Dream Stripes shawl as I had hoped this week.  I wound up starting it over after my last post.  I didn't like the way the edge slip stitches were working up in this yarn.  I opted to use a 3-stitch garter edge instead and it is working up much nicer.  I am finally done with the stripes and have started the lace border, so should be done in a couple more nights of knitting.


It is time to pull out the quilting again.  I have let them languish too long and need to get back to them.  Hopefully I'll have some time to devote to them this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment