Sunday, February 12, 2012

Salt Scrubs, and Prayer Shawls, and Pincushions, Oh My!

I tried a new scrub.  Citrus salt scrub this time.  Loved it!  Will be using this one many more times.  Bought a little mason jar and made a batch to give my sister for her birthday.  Added a coconut scented bar of soap in a hand knit lacy bag and a hand knit face cloth and called it a spa set.


I also finished a bit of embroidery this month.  I made a pincushion and coordinating needle book for a swap on Ravelry.  Also crocheted a lacy edging on a hankie.  I fashioned the pincushion after one I'd seen on Pinterest, and it just seemed to want a companion.  My partner seems well pleased with them so the endeavor was a success.  In the same swap I received a nice fat quarter that I plan to turn into a pincushion and needle book for myself.


Both of the previous projects were completed as gifts for others, so I excused myself from my "finish two before starting one" resolution.  As such, even though I finished both, I am not allowed to start another one.  I've gone a bit off the wagon with that resolution however.  I think when all is said and done I am ok, but I quit paying attention to how many I started vs how many I finished.

I did finish a silk shawl last week that has been on the needles for a few months and am very pleased with it.  I've worn it a couple of times now and have gotten some nice compliments on it.


A new prayer shawl is on the needles and is going quite quickly.  I started it yesterday, and if I continue at the pace I'm currently on, it should be finished next week.


Not much completed on this project yet, but I envision it going quickly once I decide to make it my main project.  This will be an adorable baby blanket for my hair stylist, who is having her second this July.


I am on a mission to reduce my sock yarn stash this year.  I really don't need a bunch more hand knit socks, so I'm planning on making shawlettes with as much of it as I can.  I cast on this one last week and it's a pretty mindless knit while I watch television, or listen to an audio book.  I am using 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden sock yarn.


Along with finishing projects, I am taking a good look at all of the ones currently in the works to see if I really want them.  Several of them have hit the frog pond this month.  One such project was a sweater I had started for my husband a couple of years ago.  I decided to repurpose the yarn as a jacket for myself.


Hopefully, I'll get better at updating this new blog as time goes on.  Bad habits die hard I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment