Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Projects

Recently, my crafting has been all about the gifting.  More of my projects are going to others than are sticking around for my own use.  It's a nice change :-)

Last summer I crocheted a metric buttload of flower granny squares and made a tote bag out of them.  I think I used the tote twice .... ummm that's a lot of work to just sit around and look pretty.  That project was an -along with my friend A.  She gave up on finishing her bag because she realized she wouldn't use hers any more than I was using mine.  Instead, she chose to turn quite a few of her squares into a crochet hook roll.  I immediately went to work taking my tote apart and made notion bags out of it.  I had plenty of the quilted fabric I used for the lining of the tote left over, so the only supply I needed to buy was zippers to close them up.  I made two different sizes, and made three sets.  Two of the sets were made as special gifts for two special women in my life, and the third I am using myself.












The other gift I finished recently is a baby blanket for my hair stylist.  I fell in love with this pattern when I first saw it back in 2008.  It's the only pattern in the magazine that I even cared for and I bought it, knowing that some day I would have a baby to make it for.


This was a fairly quick project to crochet, but the sewing together of all those little pieces took me the better part of a day to complete!  I love it dearly though, and hope C does too.



No comments:

Post a Comment