Finished! Yay! This poor quilt top has been put together since 1997. I made it in my other life, when I first started quilting. I don't think I had any kind of pattern, just winged it. That's pretty apparent here, since it's a mish mash of a bunch of stuff all thrown together. It's a franken-Irish Chain I supposed. I started hand quilting this, then it got put away when I broke ties with that other life, and wasn't looked at again until we had a minor flood incident in our last house. When I looked at it, I was reminded that it was made to go on a different bed, and I just didn't want it anymore, but who wants to throw out that much work?
I asked one of the boys if he would like it if I finished it. He said he thought his lady would like it, so I started looking for the thread and template I was using for the quilting. Not much work was completed, and that was three years ago.
I recently pulled it back out, and since I'm doing some machine quilting now, and not much of this was done, I ripped out the hand quilting, and prepared to start over.
I used my walking foot to do the straight line quilting, and then I tried my hand at some free motion quilting for the hearts.
The free motion quilting is a bit wobbly in some areas, and I didn't always cross in the center at the exact same spot, but all in all, it turned out nice for a first effort. I'm sure Adrian and Sandra will get some use out of this.
Also finished up another block for the Civil War Sampler quilt. Again, half square triangles, sigh. I should be really good at these once this quilt is finished!
And, a bit of work completed on the paisley pumpkin. Excuse the weird photo. I haven't figured out yet how to get photos of cross stitch to show up nicely. The fabric always looks strangely pixelated, and that makes the stitching look odd too. One day I shall figure out what settings to use to fix this!