Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Wild Purple Camo Animal Print Comfy Tee

I finally spent some time down in the sewing room and finished up the tee I was making.  Not too bad for not having sewn knit fabric, or clothing for that matter, in many, many years.  It's a tad bit bigger than I would like, so I'll make the next one a size smaller with some adjustments so it still fits in the middle.

I jumped into the deep end on with one, and didn't take time to check all my measurements against the pattern.  I only paid attention to bust and hip measurements.  The shoulder to bust drop on this pattern is deeper than my body, so I'll have to figure out a way to shorten that on the next one.  I might make the sleeves a bit longer/flutterier (is that a word?) on the next version too.

Although I like the comfort of this loose fit top, and the way it doesn't cling to my tummy bulge, I think the style actually draws attention to the fact I'm trying to hide the mid-section.  It's a tad too long for my liking too, so maybe I'll use elastic on the side seams to add ruching.

All in all, I do like the top.  Not so sure I like hubby's angle on the photo though.  I cropped out the bottom portion, trying to make it look better.  He's the one who plays with photography, so why on earth would he take a picture of me at an angle that made my legs look like a stick figure and my top look bigger than it already is?


I think he was too interested in taking selfies of himself!  I discovered this while downloading my photos.  Not full of himself at all, is he?


2 comments:

  1. ROFL at Paul's selfie!! The top is super cute! I like the longer length. So hard to find longer tees. That would look cute with just below the elbow sleeves, too. Color is nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it kind of looks like I'm sporting man boobs; maybe you should have cropped me too.

    ReplyDelete