Friday, February 9, 2007

A Day of Knitting and Nursing

I had planned to post this update on the Fiery Bolero last night, but never got around to downloading the photo once I started knitting on it again. *sigh* I hope this isn't a sign of me going back to my old ways of taking tons of photos and once every couple of months bombarding my blog with a huge FO photo post.

Anyway, once the Bell Sleeve Jacket was completed, I turned my attention back to the bolero, which should henceforth be referred to as the Sunny Bolero. No way can that bright yellow be considered Fiery. This really is a surprisingly portable project since it's all knit in one piece from back hem, over the shoulders, then down to the front hem. And there's just enough shaping to keep your attention, but not so much that you can't carry on a conversation while knitting.

As of 5:00 pm last night I was 6 rows from casting off for the neck opening.



Today, my plan was to take my daughter to get her wisdom teeth out, then work 1/2 a day. I wound up not going into work however, since she had such a rough time. Poor thing was in surgery for almost 2 hours. Her upper teeth were badly impacted and the Dr. had a tough time with them. Vicodin isn't doing squat for her pain, and her poor face is swelled to double it's normal size. I remember swelling, but not like this. She's swelled all the way up to her eyeballs. And side effects from "removal of impacted wisdom teeth or trouble teeth"? She has every single one of them. Swelling, fever, sore throat, tight facial and neck muscles, earache. Only problem is, she can't get to sleep. I feel so bad for her :o( In between trips to the freezer for ice packs, running to get cold water, fresh gauze pads, towels, etc. I worked on the bolero.

I am now at the point where I start casting off for the sleeves and decreasing for the lower front shaping. Since the rows will be getting shorter and shorter, I think I will be done with the body knitting before turning in tonight. That will leave the 2 side seams, then the sleeve and edge ribbing to do tomorrow.



Woohoo!! I will be able to cast on my 4th sweater for the SAM Knitalong this weekend! Good thing too, since I have officially gone crazy with yarn/pattern purchases this year. Yeah, I know it's only February (and the beginning of such at that). That's what I mean about going crazy with the purchases. So far I have added 10 pattern books to my library, have paid for the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin Sock Club, and ordered 2 Hanne Falkenberg sweater kits. Isn't that nuts!! I know once I get those kits, I'm going to want to immediately cast on and start knitting, so I really need to get a sweater or 2 that I already have yarn for done before the package arrives.

I've managed to get a bit of knitting done on the Anemoi mittens this week too. Not a lot of progress, but I may concentrate on these as a main project next week to get them off the "goals" list. A couple nights of focused knitting should do the trick! And, since Paul is going out of town on business next week, I'll have plenty of uninterrupted knitting time in the evenings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the poor poor thing. Poor you, poor her! Arnica for bruising and swelling?

    I hope the bolero was cheery.

    ReplyDelete