Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finally!!!

Yay!! I am finally done with the Sanquhar gloves. Nevermind that the temperature here this week has been pushing 80!! I am immensely pleased, even if they do look a bit wonky right now. I am not going to block them. The fingers will even themselves out when Paul wears them lol.


Pattern: My own based on photos I'd seen
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss
Started: Octoberish 2006
Finished: 3/26/2007

I saw a great post on the 52 Pair Plunge blog today about what to do with 52 pair of socks if you are lucky enough to be able to meet the challenge. I am now motivated beyond all belief to make this work. Someone sent a suggestion to use Any Soldier. I loved the idea and checked out the site immediately. Of course, since Paul and my dad were both in the Air Force I clicked on anyairman.com to find a suitable unit to donate to. I found a unit of 10 males and 4 females who want black and brown boot socks. Woohoo!! Now I can't wait to cast on!

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I especially love his initials on there. And you just made that pattern up? Of course you did.

    I hadn't even thought about what a person would do with 52 pairs of socks, but what a great idea. That could get me enjoying socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Yarn Harlot on Saturday and some woman in the front row was wearing a vest that would match those gloves. I thought of you :^)

    ReplyDelete