Thursday, June 28, 2007

Packing for a weekend getaway

Packing for the weekend getaway to a cabin in the woods is what I should be doing. Let me clarify. Packing in the traditional sense is what I should be doing. Instead, I haven't put one thing into a suitcase. I have, though, transferred all the knitting supplies and projects I might work on into a weekend knitting bag. At least I know what's important eh?

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon so I'll be up bright and early to get the traditional sense packing done. I'm planning on actually getting to go to the Friday knitgroup meeting tomorrow morning, so I need to get that done early.

Today, the first official day of my vacation, I finished up the back of Intoxicating. I've started on the sleeves and they are knitting up really quick. I may find that all the other projects I plan to bring on this getaway just sit in the bag and I fly through the sleeves of this one instead.



The sleeves are knit in a very easy lace pattern to memorize, and so far the shaping is intuitive.



I also spent a bit of time on the Bonsai Tunic. I can't say enough about how great this yarn is to knit with. Although the photo doesn't show it well, there is a hint of sparkle in this top from the rayon wrapped around the bamboo ribbon. I might have to get some more of this to keep in my stash for another project somewhere down the line.



Tomorrow starts the kickoff of Mystery Stole 3. I'm all set with my supplies, and hope I don't have trouble getting in to download the first clue. I'm hoping to work on it a bit while sitting in the woods. Hopefully I'll have a whole slew of new photos to post when I get back on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment