Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive

I asked for a productive Sunday, and I got it! Paul decided Saturday night to go on a little road trip, and I chose to stay home and relax with my many WIPs. When I'm alone I get into a "knitting zone" and it's amazing how much I accomplish.

I had put this little dishcloth away when UFOlympics started, so I pulled it out and finished it.



Then I cast on for the mid month dishcloth and finished it tonight.



I also crocheted this little bookmark in about an hour and a half. I'll be making more of these as gifts since they work up so quickly and look so nice. This one will go to my Great Knitted Purse Swap partner.



Not pictured is the felted potholder post felting since I want to wait until the needle felting is done. I started on that tonight. I decided not to draw the apple first and just try my hand at freehanding it. I'm pretty pleased with the result so far. The apple is outlined, the stem is done, and the leaf is done. Filling in the apple using just one needle is going to be a bit tedious, so I might go get one of those tools that holds several needles to do larger areas to speed up the process a bit. It should be complete tomorrow and if I have time I'll post a photo.

After working on all those little projects, I pulled out China Doll and finished her up! I wore her to work today and I can't say how pleased I am with this top. It is cool and comfy being cotton, and the stitch pattern is very form fitting. It stretches in all the right places and pulls in in all the right places.



Please ignore the sappy look in my eyes. I'd say it is due to a very busy and stressful day at work, but I just don't take "posed" photos very well. I think I'm always afraid the flash will make me blink at the wrong time so I try to force my eyes to stay open ..... and we get Franken Delana.

5 comments:

  1. It does look quite nice on you. And you rock the production knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The China Doll is a lovely summer top. Can you tell me where to get the pattern? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. The China Doll FO came out lovely. I like your length better than the original. Too bad I can't crochet worth beans! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are crocheting a lot lately! I didn't realize China Doll was crochet work. It is really nice. The little bookmark I did guess was crochet when I saw it on Flickr--you're doing lovely stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bookmark I would love to make them but I can't crochet to save my life lol. China Doll came out beautifully great job

    ReplyDelete