Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's been a productive week

The WIP count is now down to 17! And, that includes a new project that I started today to reward myself for finishing 3 that were in the pile.

This afternoon after I met a friend for some knitting I put the finishing touches on Granite. It's a bit on the cool side in my office, so I might try wearing this to work on Monday. I really liked knitting with the Bamboo Tape and will probably get some more one of these days for another project.



As soon as Granite was finished, I pulled out Eerie and did the seaming and weaving in of ends. This one will definitely be worn to work sometime this week. Turns out the fabric I bought to make a skirt is a bit too much on the pink side to go well with this, but it may work with Granite instead. I might try sewing it up tomorrow and trying it.



There's another finished project on the sewing side too. This dress was done in just a little over an hour.



It was so quick and easy to make that I plan to make at least one more. The pattern includes a top also, so I'll make a couple of those too. I had to do some altering of the pieces on this one. I don't usually cross sizes on patterns but on this one I was a size 10 for the bust, size 12 for the waist, and size 14 for the hips. Yep, just as I thought, all ass and no boobs LOL.



I was flipping through one of my Interweave Crochet magazines and came across a great tunic I had been planning to make. I'm trying to be good and not buy more yarn (gotta save for that new serger ya know), so checked out Ravelry to see what others had used. Score! Someone was making the top using Saucy Sport and I had enough of that in my stash to start the project as a reward to myself for knocking 3 off the WIP list.



Doesn't look like much now, but I am completely enchanted with it so there will be lots of progress before UFOlympics has me working frantically to finish up 2 more WIPs.

2 comments:

  1. Eerie is really beautiful. What fun to pop out finished sweaters like this. Some day. . . And I'm envious of your crochet skills. Mine are still very much rudimentary. Again, some day.

    Good luck saving for the serger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your FOs are all STUNNING! That dress is soooo cute. Yup, still haven't made anything yet - so you have me jealous. lol.

    ReplyDelete