Saturday, August 23, 2008

She's got a Fat Bottom!

It's amazing what the weekend coming can do for your disposition. Three days ago I was ready to take a few people's (and I use that term lightly) heads off, but today I am in fine spirits.

I never did get a chance to take an in progress photo of this little project. I made the Fat Bottom Bag from "Stitch n Bitch: The Happy Hooker" for my daughter. In her favorite color scheme of lime green and hot pink no less.



Since she's such a girly girl, I had to add a bit of bling.



I just adore the lining fabric I found. It suits Jenn.



We went on a shopping excursion this evening in search of belly dance hip scarves. We'd been told about a shop in the Short North that carried them, so off we went. Jenn picked out a cute pink one naturally, and I got a bright yellow one. Maybe I can get Paul to take a photo of us before class on Monday. While we were wandering around looking for the Turkish shop, we ran across a great candle store. The owner was burning a few out front and they smelled divine. We had to go in of course. We wound up spending a pretty penny on candles, but the house smells great right now! Keep an eye on http://modmod.us/ and once the online shopping is set up, get a candle or two. You won't be disappointed I promise.

Since I gave up on UFOlympics I figured it wouldn't hurt to pull out another project to work on. I was really close to finishing up China Doll when the Olympics started and was sad to put it away for two weeks. I'm pretty sure this can be finished up tomorrow or Monday at the latest.



I probably would have finished up China Doll today, but I joined yet another group on Ravelry. It's a KAL for the Ravenna Satchel, a fabulous felted bag knit in intarsia then needle felted. My pattern is ordered and I can't wait to receive it. I've never done needle felting before, so decided I should probably try my hand at it on a practice project before jumping into the bag.

This afternoon I bought needle felting supplies and picked up a few skeins of wool to make a felted potholder.

Here it is pre felting. Tomorrow it is into the machine with it, then once dry I plan to needle felt an apple on it. I'm not much of an artist when it comes to drawing, but I figured how hard could an apple be? I have a couple of disappearing ink pens for quilting that should come in handy to outline my apple before trying the needle felting.



I haven't completely neglected the UFOlympic WIPs. I did a few rounds on the Flickering Flames skirt, did one repeat of the cable pattern on a Lowry sleeve, and managed to do a few rows of the Tree Skirt today. All in all a very productive Saturday indeed. I'm hoping Sunday will be more of the same.

2 comments:

  1. That bag is too cute! The lining is perfect. Can't wait to see your finished top. It's already looking stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. China doll is going to look fantastic on you. How exciting with the needle felting! I've seen some lovely embellishments that way.

    ReplyDelete