Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let there be socks!

I'm not quite sure what possessed me to cast on 4 pair of socks at once, but that's exactly what I did. Maybe to help me "see" where I stand on completing what I need to in June? Not sure how this will work out, but if it turns out well, I might just do this every month. Might be a good way to keep up in the 52 Pair Plunge.

Paul requested I make a pair of baby socks in boy colors for someone he knows who just had his first child. I knew just what yarn to use. There was a bit of the Haiku I used to make his Retro Rib socks with and that would be perfect for a little boy. I finished them up tonight.


Pattern: My own
Yarn: Haiku, Cider Moon
Started: 6/10/2007
Finished: 6/13/2007


1 Pair down, 3 to go! Next on the needles are some socks I've been promising to start for Paul for quite some time. I've had the yarn for months, but just hadn't cast on for them. Only a toe to show for now, but these will be the Cable Rib socks from Favorite Socks.



I've been wanting to make the Rock & Weave socks from BMFA ever since I bought the pattern. Finally decided to pull out some of that bright sock yarn I have been hording in the craft room and just make them. I love the way the linen stitch looks. I may try this stitch in a tighter gauge for a heel flap.



Just about finished with the first Simply Lovely Lace sock. I'm hoping to have the pair finished this weekend. The lace pattern is easy to memorize and in the sport weight yarn, knits up fairly quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! you go girl! Saw your finished turtleneck on the Sweater KAL page and stopped by! It looks great! Can't wait to see all the socks!

    ReplyDelete