Sunday, June 10, 2007

My baby is all grown up

It's a day I've both anticipated and dreaded for many years. A day that sometimes I thought would never come. But, come it did. It is now come and gone.

My baby is all grown up. She has graduated from High School and is eagerly awaiting the start of her College education.

Doesn't she look beautiful?



And so proud as she accepts that diploma.



Part of my knitting goal this week was to finish the Turtleneck Tube Vest so that I could wear it to Jenn's graduation. I was up into the wee hours Friday night to accomplish this, and wound up too tired to go on only inches from the finishing. I frantically finished up those last inches yesterday morning and I love the result.



Adrian was sweet enough to offer to be the photographer so Paul could get into a shot with me.




Pattern: Turtleneck Tube Vest, Fitted Knits
Yarn: Porto Cervo In Jeans, Filatura Di Crosa
Started: 6/2/2007
Finished: 6/9/2007

I sure I will think about my daughter's graduation every time I wear this sweater.

7 comments:

  1. Sniff, sniff. She is so beautiful, and I'm so proud of her. Just sorry we couldn't be there, too.

    And the sweater is gorgeous! Great color, too.

    Give Jenn a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are we going to get to see you again? It's been so long!
    Congrats to you and your daughter. Much happiness and success to her too.
    Carol M

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a beautiful daughter. Congratulations to her!

    I love your Turtleneck - it's on my list of things to do, you know, sometime. I also can't wait to see how your Intoxicating turns out - I loooove that sweater. I don't mind seeing every new pattern repeat. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congratulations. Nice turtleneck, too. You all look lovely and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! How wonderful. I've experienced a child graduating, so I felt your emotion. I didn't realize your daughter was as old as that! The sweater is beautiful and I know you'll have fun beating out the empty nest, by knitting your daughter all sorts of goodies.

    Kellistarr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is lovely and what an incentive to get it done. You must be so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete