Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Two down one to go

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you really put your mind to it. Sunday I set a weekly goal of finishing 3 items. Last night I finished up 2 of them!

First off the needles was the second facecloth I wanted to finish up in May. Black does not photograph well at all, and with a flash it's even worse. You can't see the nice tidy little purl stitch zigzags that run up the cloth, but you can sure see the little gaps that will hopefully settle down once it's washed.

Pattern: My own
Yarn: Catania
Started: 5/25/2007
Finished: 6/5/2007

I was so thrilled at finishing the facecloth, I pulled out that almost done sock. What do you know, about 20 minutes later all that was left was weaving in the two ends.

Pattern: Plain Vanilla Stockinette
Yarn: Tofutsies
Started: 4/20/2007
Finished: 6/5/2007

With such a good start on meeting my weekly goal, I decided to cast on a couple more pair of socks to help meet the monthly goal of finishing at least 3 more pair. First up was to finally knit up that Cider Moon I bought way back when. I fell in love with the yellows and oranges, so I'm not sure why I've waited so long to knit it up. I chose to use the Simply Lovely Lace pattern from one of the IK issues from last year. I knit another pair in this weight of yarn and they are one of my favorite pair, so it seemed appropriate. These should knit up fairly quickly so hopefully won't languish too long in the knitting bag.

I also did some more work on Intoxicating. Why yes, I do plan to show you multitudes of photos of this sweater as it is knit. Yes, I do know that there is no difference other than another repeat or so from the last photo. Surely you aren't bored with it? Doesn't everyone love this sweater as much as I do??

Just about to the halfway mark on the Turtleneck Tube Vest. This might actually be done in time for me to wear it to my daughter's graduation this weekend. I had to take some major liberties with the pattern. Anyone else knit this and have problems with the instructions not making sense for their size, or is it just the smallest size that has the problem? When I followed the instructions, the ribbing pattern didn't match up on both sides next to the arm openings. I adjusted for that, then continued following the instructions. Once I was done with the increases, I noticed the next issue. Increasing on every right side row only gave me an armhole depth of about 4 inches. I needed more like 8. Ugggggg to the frog pond it went. The width was fine after increasing, so I did the same number of increases but did them every other right side row. Now it fits like a dream. Since I'm knitting this in cotton, which isn't going to have the memory that wool would, I am going to do a few decreases in the stockinette section to give it a bit of waist shaping before I start on the 4 or so inches of ribbing at the bottom. So far this is working out fine and the sweater fits beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. You're so patient to redo and figure and redo and figure -- it's going to be great.