Monday, April 30, 2007

Light at the end of the ......

...Mermaid??

Why yes, I do believe I finally see the light at the end of my Mermaid. I finished one sleeve Saturday, and cast on the second yesterday. This should be complete just in time for the other 2 kits I ordered to arrive. Ummmm yep, I ordered 2 more Mermaid kits Friday. One for me in fun greens and blues, and one for my mother in luscious purples. I think I'll start with the sleeves on both those when I cast them on.



I've completed my 4th pair of socks for the 52 Pair Plunge. I can't wait to get the ribbon for these. I love them!!


Pattern: Elegant Ribbed Socks, Favorite Socks
Yarn: Heilo, Dale of Norway
Started: 4/21/2007
Finished: 4/30/2007

Warning!! Rockin Sock Club spoiler below. If you don't have your kit yet, and want to keep it a surprise, close your browser now :o)










I received my kit last week, and I'm so proud of myself for holding out until yesterday to wind the yarn into a cake lol. Like I really need another pair of socks on the needles right now. Wasn't my last post about finishing in progress projects before starting new ones??

But, I ask you, who could resist casting on these?? The yarn is a silk/merino blend and it's luxurious beyond words. I see myself ordering more of this once it's available.



I am making the regular length version of the Grasshopper socks, but will be buying more of the Silkie yarn to make the knee high version at a later date. Aren't these beautiful?



I made myself put down the sock in progress last night and finished up my required number of ridges on the Mermaid sleeve. I'll continue to do this until she is done, then all bets are off and the Grasshoppers will have my full attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment