Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Too Many Projects!

Well, I've gone and done it again!! Just when I was congratulating myself on the new project self-control, I had to go and cast on yet another one.

The goal was to have 1 sweater, 1 pair of socks, and 1 misc. project on the needles ONLY! As of tonight's count, I have 2 sweaters in progress, 2 pair of socks in progress, and 2 misc. projects in progress. Time to buckle down and finish some of these.

Although I won't post a photo until it's washed and blocked, I did pull out the Chevron Stripes Hand Towel and do the last couple of repeats tonight. I will start on weaving in the eleventy-gazillion ends tomorrow night, and should have it through the laundry and photographed by this weekend. Whew! Now only have 5 projects on the needles.

I cast on a Mermaid sleeve Sunday evening and have been working a bit on it each night. I really need to put some more effort into finishing this sweater, but all I can think of is cool linen and cotton tops for summer.



Speaking of cool cotton tops for summer, I cast on a new sweater for the Sweater A Month Knitalong. This one is from the Nashua Handknits Designer's Collection, like the crochet tank I just completed. I love the lace pattern and so far it's going pretty quickly. The yarn is yummy. Nashua Handknits Ecologie Cotton. I love the subtle shading .... and whadayaknow, it's not pink!






Also cast on, although it shouldn't have been, is the Leg Cozies pattern from Lace Style. Jenn says the leg warmers are "really cute" .... and we know that's saying a lot from someone who "doesn't like knitted stuff". I will forgive myself for casting on a project ahead of schedule since it is a gift for my daughter. Well, that, and I haven't yet cast on something for the Lace Style Knitalong. Hopefully these will go quicker than that hand towel did.



There has been some, but not much, progress on the sock front too. A couple more repeats of the ribbed cable pattern and I will be ready to turn the heel and knit the foot of the first Elegant Rib Sock. These are knitting pretty quickly for the amount of time I've spent on them. Due to the weight of the Heilo no doubt.



Even less progress on the Tofutsies sock. I should know better than to do straight stockinette socks. You'd think they would knit quickly since there is no thinking involved, but my mind wanders too much doing straight stockinette and I wind up putting them down in favor of something with more challenge after only a few rounds. Looks like there may be more baby socks in the near future to keep me on track in the 52 Pair Plunge.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your lack of self control - I cast on for that very same Nashua sweater last night!

    ReplyDelete