Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Overdue Update

Bad habits die hard I guess. I promised myself that I was going to update at least twice a week, but I didn't make it last week. It was another of those weeks where Paul was travelling on business and I was working overtime. Every night I planned on taking progress photos and blogging, but every night I thought "I can do it tomorrow, I'm too tired tonight and just want to sleep".

Gotta make up for it with a post that is a bit photo intensive.

Progress on the Hidden Passion socks isn't going as quickly as the Retro Rib socks did, but we do have progress. I finished the first sock, and the second is now just about 1/2 done now.

A photo from last Wednesday shows some progress on the second sock.



This evening's photo shows a bit more progress, though not as much as I would like. Attaching the sole is a bit tedious and I expect progress to go much more quickly once that is complete.



Since I wasn't going to complete the Hidden Passion socks in one week, I chose to next cast on a quick pair of baby socks for a co-worker who is expecting. I love this pattern and will probably make her more from all my little balls of leftover sock yarn.


Pattern: Ruffle Rib Socks, Interweave Knits Summer 2005
Yarn: Koigu
Started: 4/15/2007
Finished: 4/16/2007


I haven't touched Mermaid since I cast on the Cotton V-Neck Tank. This will be one of those really quick knits. In fact, I'm done with the knitting part and am on to the crochet. Pretty sure this sweater will be done by this weekend with the progress I am making on it. Just a few more repeats of the lace pattern on the bottom, then the armhole edging to do. I really like this sweater and just hope it doesn't turn out to be too loud to wear to work this summer.




1 comment:

  1. You have to be the fasted knitter (with great quality) that I've seen so far. Great work doing both socks and sweaters. Way to keep up with both KALs.

    ReplyDelete