Sunday, April 8, 2007

Sock Sunday

I really wanted to post my progress on the Retro Rib socks yesterday, but I didn't get them finished until very late. All I wanted to do at that point was weave in the ends and go to sleep.


Pair 1 ... day 6

I really like the way these turned out, and may have to make myself a pair later in the 52 Pair Plunge.


Pattern: Retro Rib, Favorite Socks
Yarn: Cider Moon Haiku
Started: 3/18/2007
Finished: 4/7/2007

This morning I pulled out the Hidden Passion socks I had started. Couldn't resist this angled photo to show off the hugs and kisses.



This photo was taken just before I turned on "The Tudors". I am now past the gusset decreases and ready to start the pattern stitch on the leg.



My new favorite needles for socks! Lantern Moon Sox Stix. Isn't the bag they come in cute? Those who know me, know I love my wood needles, but I always manage to break them. At the price I pay for them, I can't afford to be doing that. Turns out it was the length (7") and the way I hold the needles that was causing the problem. I snapped up several pair of these dpns when I saw them. They are the perfect length for socks (5"), and so far I haven't broken a single one :o)



Tomorrow, more on the socks, the new sweater, and answers to questions in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment