Besides, I already pieced a back together using the same fabrics. And used leftover strips to make a scrappy binding. I like the back. I like the binding. Even in these photos. Maybe it's the peach that's out of place, and not the purple. I am not willing to redo the entire top to replace the peach, especially if I don't have it in me to replace a border. Oh well, it's done and that's all there is to it. I'm going to machine quilt this one with my walking foot. I'm thinking 2 spirals, upper left corner and lower right corner, that meet and overlap in the center.
Remember this guy from last week? I got the top all sewn together, then couldn't find a single place in my house to get a picture of it without having to move furniture around. The best I could do was a spot in my bedroom. These photos will have to do until it's completely finished and I feel like moving the dining table off to the side of the room. This is the best I could do for a "full" photo.
So I tried to do a top half/bottom half kind of thing. Still not really good. I was standing on the bed and if I held my camera any higher to try to get more of the quilt in the frame, the ceiling fan blades got in the way hahahaha.
I am hoping to do some free motion quilting on this one. The kit came with quilting suggestions, so I'll give them a try. I bought a new darning foot for my machine yesterday and tried it out. Much better than the one I had. No more skipped stitches, tangled bobbin thread, or other such tension issues. I've been practicing on some scraps I had laying around.
Block 2 of my Civil War Sampler quilt is done. I have been so tempted to keep making blocks for this, but I am trying hard to keep it to one per week. I have so many other tops that need to be finished, the last thing I need is to get sidetracked with yet another large project.