Thursday, August 20, 2015

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Oh my goodness!  I never win anything, but I just won the most fantastic prize!  Karen from Karen's Quilting had a drawing to pass on her Winter Wonderland Quilt pattern and my name came up!  I'm so excited.  Here is a photo of the pattern package.  The center panel is all embroidery.  Can't wait to get started on this.  If you want to see a beautiful version of this, pop over to see Karen's on her blog.


I realized last night that I had completely forgotten to post a photo of this week's Civil War Sampler block.  I finished it this past weekend, but with all the hoopla with the loom, I forgot to show it off.  I had some issues with bias on this block, so I'll have to do some creative adjustments when I add sashing to this one.  I guess I need to slow down when working with these half square triangles.


This was the state of my loom yesterday.  Sigh.  Paul helped me get some of the warp taken off last night.  I was originally hoping to keep the warp on the loom and install the ratchet/pawl upgrade kit around it, but after looking at the instructions online, there's no way that is going to happen.  Now I'm hoping to get the warp removed and save it somehow.


I've been wrapping the pieces up on a shoebox.  In my mind, this will work out nicely.  We'll see once the upgrade kit arrives, which should be by this weekend.  Sunday afternoon will most likely be spent upgrading the loom.


I finished the quilting on this little 9 patch lap quilt.  I was going to do a spiral starting from the bottom right also, but once I finished the first one, I felt there would be too much overlap and decided against it.  I have a few ends to bury and the binding to sew down, then this is done.


I do like how this turned out, but ...


... I still think I like the back better.




1 comment:

  1. Hope you get the loom and project resolved. Everything is looking great! I like the front of that quilt more than the back, but it's hard to tell through a picture!

    ReplyDelete