My son asked me to crochet him a hoodie with graphics from a Grateful Dead album cover art on it. It took quite a bit of thinking outside the box to accomplish this, but I'm really pleased with the results. I couldn't find a crochet pattern that would suit what I was trying to do, so I used my sweater knitting software, then tweaked it a bit to work for crochet. For the graphics I used a cross stitch pattern generator, then crocheted it into the sweater body. I think it turned out great and I hope he likes it!
I'll show photos of the other gift tomorrow (or whenever I get my butt in gear and blog again).
This week I am working on this cross stitch mermaid during the afternoons. She really shouldn't take too much longer to complete. I'm almost at the tail fin, then there are a ton more beads to add. I'm trying to stitch at least one thread full of beads per day, and 3 threads of color. If I get close enough to finishing her, I may just continue working on her next week too. It will be nice to get a couple of these cross stitch projects off my list of "to dos".
I almost finished the bottom three pages on the Reindeer Ornament project last week. I'm trying to get all the background heavy areas done first, since they are the most "boring". Once I get to the reindeer and the sled full of goodies, this will fly by. When working on it, the stitches don't look like much, just a bunch of pixels. But, when you take a step back, the picture just pops out! This is still on track to be finished at the end of May.