So Saturday morning I showed Paul some photos of nifty homemade stands using pvc, and asked him to build me a basic one. So far it's working out great! This cost about $20, plus a couple hours of his time.
My stitching is going much faster using this. I've completed more than 1100 stitches on Basilisk in the past two days. It's amazing to me to see what these look like when I take photos. When I'm working on them, all I see is the individual stitches. It's like seeing the pixels on the TV screen when you stand right up on it.
I've completed enough on Basilisk to not feel guilty working on a new project for an hour or so. I'm doing a stitch along with a couple of friends and we're supposed to post progress photos every Friday on Facebook. I thought this week's photo from me would only be of my supplies, but looks like I'll have some actual stitching done.