I spent a bit of time in the sewing room yesterday, and snapped a few photos since I had everything out.
February's is all set to be quilted. I've set it aside until March is complete though. It shouldn't take very long to quilt this since I'm doing them by machine, but the March quilt has oodles of applique pieces, so it's taking a bit longer than the other ones.
I have started on the applique for March. The little border squares are all done, as are the tree trunk and branches. This one has a lot of layered pieces, so I can't just lay them all out and iron away like I was able to do for most of the other quilts. I got a bit carried away last night when putting the leaves on. I only meant to do the ones you see pictured on the left side, but wound up doing all of them. Oops, now I need to be a bit careful since I hadn't finished with the birdhouse. Knew I shouldn't have started on those leaves until I had the birdhouse done, but figured I could start since the iron was hot. It will take me a couple of days to finish sewing around the pieces that are already on this since I'm not spending a lot of time downstairs this time of year. It gets cold down there! I've been doing a bit each time I go down to do a load of laundry.
April's base is completed and ready for applique pieces. I need to get some more fusible webbing before starting on those pieces. Since I have to wait on that, I looked ahead at other months to see if I had the right fabrics to complete their bases. I just might have the right ones for May and June. Getting the bases out of the way will help speed things up later.
I completed about 600 stitches on the reindeer yesterday. I got lucky and hit some areas where there weren't a ton of color changes so things went a bit faster. I think I'm going to continue filling in the area in the center and work my way back over to the right side where the sleigh is.