Friday, January 24, 2014

A New Challenge

So, I haven't been doing well on getting work completed on the Beekeeper's Quilt or the Sock Yarn Blanket.  Had a nice long chat with my friend Amanda today about it, and she confessed that she hasn't been working on hers either so we are challenging each other.

Every day we must complete one hexipuff for the Beekeeper's Quilt and post it on our blogs.  We decided that we would start tomorrow, so hopefully you'll be seeing a lot of blog posting from me.

I finished stringing Skip up to his control stick.  He's so cute I can hardly stand it!  I adore the projects in this book ( Beastly Crochet:  23 Critters to Wear and Love).  I've made 3 of them now and have plans to make several more.  All are well written and cleverly constructed.


We took the car to the shop yesterday afternoon, so I had some knitting time on the ride home while Paul drove.  I was able to get about 6 ridges completed on my Mermaid sleeve.  Today, we received a call that the car was ready to be picked up, so I got another 5 ridges completed on the ride to the shop.  The first sleeve is just about 1/2 completed.  This may become my project of choice while watching the Olympics.  Miles of garter stitch means I don't have to think too much and don't have to keep my eyes on the knitting.


Otto the Turtle is coming along too.  He has a body and two arms although they aren't yet stuffed and sewn together.  I've also completed the top of one shoe, and should have the other completed tonight.  A few more days of work on him, and he should be finished.


I was originally going to wait until tomorrow to start my Lottie Doll, but after talking to Amanda (who is knitting one too), I got excited and had to cast on today.  The head is complete to the point where I need to stuff it, so I'm going to set it aside for now and work on Otto the Turtle.


Tomorrow will be busy crafting day.  I need to make a puff, or maybe two to help catch up to where I should be by now.  Also, the final clue to the Secret Garden mittens is supposed to be sent tomorrow, so I can finish my mittens.  I plan to spend some time on the beaded ornaments too.  Then there's Otto and Lottie to bring to life, and can't let myself get behind on the rug or Mermaid jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment