Thursday, January 2, 2014

Impulse Buys and Changed Plans

One of my goals is to organize my craft area and get rid of items that will never be used.  Yesterday, I was down there digging around and sorting through things and came across quite a lot of jewelry making supplies.  There are supplies down there I remember buying at least 7 years ago.  None of the planned pieces have been made.  Now, mind you, I've made some jewelry pieces and love them.  I think the trick is I need to make an item right after buying the supplies or I'll never get back to it.

I spent the better part of the afternoon yesterday flip flopping between keeping the supplies and getting rid of them.  So, what do you think I did when I went to the store today?  Why, I bought a bunch of jewelry making supplies, that's what!  Tomorrow afternoon will need to be set aside to make these pieces up.  If I get them done, and enjoy the process, maybe I'll keep all those supplies I dug out yesterday.  One day per month making jewelry?  Sounds feasible to me.  These would make great gifts to add to swap packages, and since I already have the supplies, they'd be inexpensive additions :-)


Last night I worked on the Ann Marie stockings.  Got the heel turned on the first one, then did about 2 inches of the leg and tried them on.  Yuck!  They felt loose and sloppy.  Frogged it this morning, and re-cast on with a smaller needle during knit group at the local quilt shop.  Since I know I will never wear these as stockings (especially in this loud pink color), and I really don't like doing short row toes/heels, I've decided to make these as yoga leg warmers.  No toes, no heels.  Just lots of pink lacy frivolousness to make me feel all girly while I get my morning workout in.  If I knit about 3" per day on these, I should be able to complete them in January as planned.


I completed my 7 hexipuffs for this week.  Did some browsing on Ravelry to see how many puffs others had used for their quilts, and now have my first revision to my 2014 goals.  I really want a fairly large quilt, and based on what I've seen, I am going to need about 1000 puffs.  That's not going to happen if I only knit one for each day of the week.  Since I don't think I can handle knitting 3 or more of these per day, I am revising my goal for this.  Instead of completing it this year, I will make sure I have 365 puffs by year's end.  Perhaps next year I can concentrate on getting this done.


Spoiler Alert!!  If you are knitting the Torirot Mystery Mittens and don't want to see pictures, close this blog now.  You have been warned :-)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


Clue 1 was released yesterday.  I only knit the first repeat of the first cuff.  Need to spend a day this weekend just knitting on these so I don't get behind in the KAL.  I'd really like these to be finished by end of January (provided all clues have been released by then), so I don't feel guilty starting something new in February for my Olympic knitting.  I've joined one Ravelry team, and may join another if I get enough completed in January.  Both patterns I would be knitting start with a B, so meet the criteria for the Stash Down group.


No comments:

Post a Comment