Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday Weekly Recap

Today marks the end of the first week of 2014.  How did I do against my goals?  Well, I completed my 8 squares for the Sock Yarn Blanket, and 7 hexipuffs for the Beekeepers Quilt.  I started a few items for a swap and completed a couple of them.  I haven't pulled out the Austin Boot Liners to work on, but I'm thinking I should get the Ann Maries done first.  And, I haven't pulled out Skip the zombie yet, but he really will only take an evening or two to finish so I'm not too worried.

The Ann Marie yoga legwarmers are coming along nicely.  I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like, but tonight will be dedicated to getting caught up on them.  I think these are going to be quite fun with complete.  they are light enough not to feel bulky and like they're getting in the way, but are super warm and comfy.  Now I just need some pink shorts and top and I'll be all set to get my yoga on!


Apparently, a spoiler alert was not needed for the Mystery Mittens.  Everyone in the KAL is flashing photos left and right.  I've lagged behind on these too, but spent some time this afternoon working on them, and I believe with another day or two of concentration, I will be ready for the next clue.  I'm not active on the forums for this group, but I do read the boards regarding these mittens.  It was discovered a few days ago that these were based on the book The Secret Garden, which believe it or not, I've never read.  Found out that a free audio copy is available through Librivox so I'm listening to it while I knit.


Discovered several other audio books through Librivox and subscribed to them through itunes.  Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice are waiting in the wings.  I'm finding that I get a lot of knitting done while listening to audio books.  This may be the secret to getting done all the projects I want to complete this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment