Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hexi-challenge Day 1

First puff of the 2014 hexi-challenge complete!  Doppler kindly agreed to model it for me lol.  I counted how many I have and it turns out I only need to work up an extra 3 to catch up for this month.  I'll see if I can't get that done next week.


This morning I received the final clue for the Secret Garden mittens, and this afternoon I worked up the thumbs and blocked them.  They are just the slightest bit too long (I should have followed the directions for making shorter mittens), but I love them all the same.  I've purchased another pattern by this designer and plan to knit another pair of her mittens during the Olympics.  A great way to use up all that Palette yarn I have in my stash.



Tonight I'm working on Otto the Turtle.  His parts are just about complete.  Only have to finish up his back shell and the bottoms for his shoes.  Tomorrow I will probably get him all sewn together, and finish him up on Monday.  I haven't worked on the beaded ornaments at all today, but might pull that out tomorrow to work on since I still don't have backing fabric for Paul's quilt so can't start the quilting on it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment