Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stitchin' Saturday

I've spent my crafting time today working on the Shaker Sewing Set.  Snapped this photo earlier this afternoon, but have more done now, and will have even more done before I pack it in for the night.  I was really hoping to have this set done in January, but I don't think that's going to happen.  Oh, the stitching will be done, but the sewing box and pin cushion won't be put together.  The needle book and scissor fob can be completed without pricey supplies, but when I checked the site that carries the shaker sewing and pin cushion boxes, it is going to cost just over $200 for those.  Ain't happenin' this month.  Might add those to my wish list and see if I can't sweet talk hubby into getting them for me for my birthday in March.


In trying to meet my goals, I've come to a realization.  Doing this much on this project, and that much on that project, and another bit on another project, every day just isn't working for me.  I feel like I'm spending all my time putting things away and getting things out and getting very little completed on the projects, let alone getting any housework or laundry done.  Some more revisions to the rules need to be made, but these revisions shouldn't affect the amount of work I get done in a week in a negative way ... they should increase the amount I get done.

I'm planning to spend Saturdays working on my needlework projects exclusively.  I will get more done stitching for 5 or 6 hours (or more) than I will by dragging everything out and working an hour per day on it.

Sundays will be dedicated to quilting and/or sewing projects exclusively.  While I'm down in the sewing area, I can work on organizing the crafts .... lol yeah, right ;-)

Monday through Friday I will work on the knitting/crocheting projects, and any gifts or swap goodies that need to be completed.

Tomorrow, update on the sock yarn blanket and Paul's man cave quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment