Thursday, January 30, 2014

Little Fox

This morning I watched the last 2 episodes of Tess of the D'Urbervilles, which was tragically depressing I must say, but that's beside the point.  While watching, I completed 3 puffs for the Beekeeper's Quilt.  With the puff I will complete tomorrow, I have met my goal of 31 puffs in January.  I was thinking about sewing some of these together this weekend, but after looking at my selection of puffs, I have changed my mind.  I've only got a few colors in my little bin.  I think next month I will use a different skein each week to get a more diverse selection going.  I'll need to spend some time sewing these together, otherwise I will look at them at the end and the putting together of this blanket will seem daunting and I'll set it aside for something else bright and shiny.



This afternoon I listened to a bit of The Cuckoo's Calling and finished up my Little Fox Hat.  I highly recommend this pattern if you're looking for a whimsical little knit.  You can find it on Ravelry at Little Fox Hat.  The pattern says to use felt for the eyes, but after I was done with the knitting, I realized I didn't have any in the right color, so I just duplicate stitched them on with the same yarn as I used for the nose and ears.  I also picked up stitches along the decrease lines to add the ears instead of knitting them separate and sewing on later.  All in all I'm quite pleased with this little hat.  It's a tad bit too big for me, however.  I should have known this would happen and gone down needle size and reduced cast on stitches accordingly.  I have a small head and very short hair so hats tend to be a bit too big for me.  After a nice soak and spin in the washer, I think I'll throw this in the dryer for a bit to see if it fulls enough to fit me.


This little mishap should not be construed as being the fault of the pattern.  Oh no!  The pattern is nicely organized and easy to knit up.  It's just my darn small head .... and tendency to knit loosely also.  You can find the designer at her blog (eatsleepknit.co.uk/) or on Ravelry (Frankchester).

No comments:

Post a Comment