Monday, March 3, 2014


I worked a bit more on the Chrysanthemum mittens last night.  I inadvertently switched my main and contrast colors when I was done with the cuff.  An understandable mistake when you consider that the main color, in my case red, is pictured in white boxes on the chart; and the contrast color, in my case white, is pictured in dark boxes.  Oops.  I don't think it looks horrible, so I'm considering just going with it, but part of me (the part that knows that this is a mistake) wants me to rip out what I've done on the body of the mitten and do it over.  I'll ruminate on it for the day and decide tomorrow what's to be done.

I got my 3 puffs done today, but it took the better part of the morning to get them done.  It just seemed like it took so long to do them.  I may switch to working on these in the evenings while watching tv.  I won't be stressed over what housework I'm not getting done that way.

I got a fair amount of work done on the mermaid cross stitch this weekend.  I'd say the chandelier is about 1/3 done now, and I was able to add quite a bit of bling to it before putting it up last night.

So I noticed that Amanda went searching around on the Needles & Thread blog checking out my next big project, and found one for herself.  Now I get to be the tagalong and copy her.  The piece she found (Crewel Rooster) is fabulous!  My kitchen, and part of my dining room, is done in chickens and roosters, so this will make a great piece for me to display in either room.  Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get all these knit/crochet projects finished along with completing work on all these embroidery projects.

1 comment:

  1. Love your mittens Delana. I can't believe how diligent you are on working on your projects. You're an inspiration, really!