Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Anyone have fun plans for St. Patty's Day?  My day so far has consisted of removing everything that I possibly can from the bathroom and scrubbing the room down, top to bottom, with a nice bleach solution.  The sun is shining through the window, even though it hasn't been cleaned yet, and the tiles are sparkling from being scrubbed clean then buffed with a dry cloth.  Now if I can only get the tub to shine like that!  Anyone have tips for making old porcelain look nice?

This weekend, before the spring cleaning bug hit me full force, I worked on the Siren and the Shipwreck piece and completed the chandelier.  I think there are more beads on this thing than there are cross stitches!  See all those missed stitches in her tail?  Well, those are beads too.  Next weekend will be dedicated to finishing the last little bit of cross stitching on page 1, finishing the backstitching on page 1, and hopefully finishing the beading on page 1.  Then I get to move on to page 2, which is the bottom of her tail.


Yesterday I worked up a couple more duplicate stitch puffs, and printed off patterns for several more.  These are really a lot of fun!  At some point this week, I'm going to have to start sewing some of these puffs together.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to only attach them at the corners, like the pattern indicates, or if I'm going to sew each side completely corner to corner.


Finished up the base of the first robot square.  There is a lot of detail work that gets done to these, but I think I might wait until after they are all crocheted to work on that.  Next up, another robot like this one, only in red this time.


Also worked on the second Chrysanthemum mitten this weekend.  The cuff is complete and I'm ready to get the stem and leaves put on this one.  Will probably work on this tonight while watching The Voice.  If I get my puffs finished early enough that is.


Okay, break over.  Back to the bathroom I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment