Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Bit Too Diversified

Looking at all the photos I was uploading today has me thinking that I may have spread myself a bit too thin here.  Today I'm going to pick 2 projects and try to work on only them.  Should make better progress that way.

I worked on an ornament yesterday.  Doesn't look like I made much progress, but working on perforated paper is a bit tricky.  This is a full sheet, so 9" x 12".  I can't cut it down much because this ornament is actually fairly large.  Trying not to bend the paper so there aren't any folds or creases makes it awkward to stitch on.  Also, the holes are just big enough that the needle wants to fall through them unless the hole has been stitched in already.  This almost means you need 3 hands to stitch; one to hold the paper, one to hold the needle under the paper, and one to pull the needle through to the top.  Since I don't have 3 hands, it's a comical sight I'm sure watching me stitch on this.  This will be one of my 2 projects for today simply because I want to have these done with already.


I am not so fast at tatting.  It took me the better part of an hour to do these 5 rings.  There is a mistake at the base of the third one, but I have started this so many times and taken it apart again, I'm going to leave it.  This is a practice piece after all, and isn't going to be perfect.  I should quit trying to make it so.  I'll put this away for now, and pick it back up after something else is finished.


I finished the body of the first mitten last night and worked through the ribbing on the second while catching up on Shameless.  This will be the second project I'll work on today.  I want to get these done in the next couple of days, and should be able to do so if I'm not distracted by too many projects.


After working on the mittens, I pulled out my HAED piece and worked on it for a couple of hours.  The photo doesn't look like I'm getting good coverage, but I don't see any of that white when I hold it up in person.  Not even close up.  I can only assume it's something to do with the flash on the camera.


And a puff for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment