Saturday, February 22, 2014

Save the Stitches

 After arguing with myself about braving the howling winds yesterday, the mall won.  Every so often I just need to get out of the house and go somewhere.

Of course, a day of shopping isn't conducive to getting a lot of crafting done.  I didn't work on much of what I wanted to, but I did get block 3 of the Save the Stitches piece done.  The metallic accents are now added and this is ready to wait until March when block 4 (and possibly block 5) will be released.



Here's a not so detailed photo of progress so far.  There will be 5 more of these rows added before it's done.  The more I work on this, the more I'm afraid to use it as a table runner like I was originally planning.  I'm afraid that if it isn't framed and hanging on the wall, something bad will happen to it.  Hopefully that feeling will pass because I do think this will make a stunning table runner.  Maybe I'll use it on the sideboard instead of the table.  Digit might not be as inclined to inspect it there.


And, as always, a puff for today.


This weekend, I'll be working on the Siren and the Shipwreck piece again.  I might take a break tonight and work on the mittens again though.  I really want to get them done before month's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment