Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Little Late Posting Today

I'm a bit later posting today than usual.  But, I did do my puff this morning.  Not first thing this morning though.  Today is the day that Digit is getting neutered, so first thing this morning I was bundling him up in his carrier and getting him to the vet.  Right after dropping him off, I had my coffee and made a puff.  And worried and worried.



I picked him up about an hour ago and he's fine, although still a bit unsteady on his feet.  I can't get him to just lie down and take a nice nap and sleep the last remnants of the anesthesia off.  He keeps wobbling all around and makes his way into the kitchen, where I'm afraid he's going to tumble down the basement steps.  I've just got him interested in a bit of food and I'm hoping that will lull him into sleepy time.

Yesterday I finally got the Blomekrans mittens blocked, and I think they look much better.  If I make another pair, I will make the cuffs a bit longer, and move the thumb up a bit.  And, I just might need to make another pair.  I think these will make a nice gift for someone, so I need to go down to the stash and check out more colors.




 I got another few inches done on Paul's balaclava.  It's actually red, and not the bright pink that this photo shows.  Amazing how much the flash on the camera changes colors isn't it?



I also got a bit more done on the Biscuit cowl.  You can just start to see the points that will develop as the lace portion is completed.  The bobbles were a bit of a pain to do with this silk.  Glad there aren't a bunch of them to do in this cowl.



I am very close to completing block 2 on the Save the Stitches project.  Another afternoon of stitching should see it done.  I spent some time this afternoon getting the Miribilia project and supplies pulled out and determining where I had left off in anticipation of working on it this weekend.


1 comment:

  1. I love your mittens Delana. I stumbled onto your blog and I'm so glad I did. You are one productive woman. I love seeing all of your projects and can't wait to see the next one. I do handwork of all kinds but I am not nearly as productive as you are.

    ReplyDelete