Sunday, February 9, 2014

Productive Weekend

I took some time today to finish a couple of projects.  First up was the octopus bag.  I reinforced the handle with some cording, and added a lining to protect the floats.  I'm quite pleased with how this came out.

 I used leftover yarn from the octopus bag to do today's puff.  This one has a duplicate stitched argyle pattern on it.  I think I'll try to do at least one duplicate stitch puff per week.

I finished up the Blomekrans mittens this afternoon.  All that's left to do is block them, and that will be done tomorrow.  I made one mistake on them, but I'm not about to take the thumbs apart to fix it.  The last color used on the thumbs was supposed to be one of the oranges and not the red.  Oops.  Oh well, I like them anyway.

I finally finished all the stitching for block 1 of the blackwork project.  Haven't added the beads yet.  Still deciding if I'm going to use them.  If I do, I may wait until the end to add them so I don't have to try to dodge them as I move my hoop from one area to the next.

Big plans for crafting this upcoming week.  I've printed off patterns and chosen stash yarn for a balaclava and convertible gloves for Paul.  I will most probably start those tomorrow.  I will also be starting the Biscuit cowl for myself.  Afternoons will be dedicated to my cross stitch projects, and I'll work on the knitting during the evenings when I watch Olympic coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment